Kuwait Visa Process: The Arab country of Kuwait is well known for its innovation, tradition, and history. Many Indians are now interested in traveling to Kuwait for a variety of reasons, including business, tourism, and other types of travel.
It is important to remember that Indian nationals must have a visa, a current passport, and travel insurance as of 2022 in order to enter Kuwait. The passport must, above all, have a minimum validity of six months. Whatever their reason and duration, potential travelers must apply for a visa to Kuwait.
Kuwait’s Visa Requirements for Indian Nationals
A large number of Indians are exploring travelling to Kuwait for a variety of reasons, including business, tourism, and others. It is important to remember that Indian nationals must have a visa, a current passport, and travel insurance as of 2022 in order to enter Kuwait.
The passport must, above all, have a minimum validity of six months. Whatever their reason and duration, potential travelers must apply for a visa to Kuwait. Indian citizens must obtain a visa in order to enter Kuwait. However, as was already noted, the type of visa will vary depending on the objective, and they can also apply online. Indian nationals are not eligible for visas on arrival; they must apply for a visa in advance.
Types of Visas for Indian Nationals
There are four different Kuwait visas that Indian nationals can obtain. The following list of Kuwait visa types includes details:
- Tourist visa: Those who want to travel to Kuwait should apply for this form of visa.
- Visitor’s Visa: This 90-day visa allows for a 30-day maximum stay after entry. However, since the Kuwaiti Embassy takes a week or longer to complete this visit visa, potential travelers must apply well in advance. A visitor should be aware that they must be sponsored by a Kuwaiti company, a Kuwaiti resident, or a foreign resident in this regard (a relative of the visitor). Indian nationals can obtain this visa by contacting Kuwait Airways or going to the Kuwaiti Embassy. Also, visitors who are connected to a resident foreigner may submit the necessary paperwork to apply for a visit visa. The application form, a security form from the resident foreigner, a copy of the passport, copies of the sponsor’s passport and civil identification, a sponsor’s wage certificate, and proof of the relationship are examples of these documents.
- Work Visa: In order to work in Kuwait, Indian nationals must submit an application for a work visa or permission. It is crucial to remember that those with visit visas cannot work in Kuwait. Work visas are also issued in Kuwait in accordance with Articles 17 and 18 of the country’s immigration regulations. So, in order to secure this visa, the employer must give a copy of the employee’s passport to the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour Affairs. Also, the employer is required to submit the employee’s personal information to the General Administration of Criminal Investigation in order to acquire a NOC. Workers must complete the required paperwork and apply for an entry visa. Apart from that, Kuwaiti workers need to submit their fingerprints to get security clearance.
- Transit Visa: A transit visa, which is valid for 7 days, is offered by the Kuwaiti Consulate or a Kuwait Port Authority. In order to receive this visa, applicants must have a confirmed onward ticket as well as a visa for the destination after them.
Indian Nationals Eligibility Requirements
Indian nationals seeking visas for Kuwait must meet certain requirements in order to qualify. These are the parameters:
- The applicant must possess a valid Indian passport. You should also check its validity beforehand because you need it to be good for at least six months to enter Kuwait.
- Whether someone wants to travel to Kuwait for business, pleasure, or a visit from family or friends, they can apply for a visa through Visa Lounge. Unfortunately, Visa Lounge applications are not accepted from anyone wishing for work in Kuwait.
- Travel insurance is essential for passengers flying to Kuwait. Passengers can also purchase travel insurance from the Visa Lounge if they haven’t already done so.
Documents needed to apply for a Kuwait visa for Indians
Travelers should be aware that they require a few documents in order to apply for a Kuwait visa. This will quicken the procedure and raise the likelihood that the visa will be granted. That being said, the records are
- Original passport with at least three blank pages, at least six months of remaining validity, and any previous passports.
- Two recent color pictures; two visa application forms (duly filled and signed)
- An explanation letter for travelling to Kuwait, original bank statement (updated for the last three months and stamped with the bank seal).
- Airline tickets providing proof of round-trip flights to and from your home country
- A hotel reservation is proof that you will have a place to stay during your visit.
- A daily plan describing every facet of the trip is included in the travel schedule.
- Police Clearance Certificate (ideally issued from MEA)
- A medical certificate from a doctor who has been approved by the Kuwaiti Embassy
Processing Charges for Visas to Kuwait
|Type of Visa
|Regular Price (in USD)
|Express Price (₹)
|For 30 days (Male)
|For 30 days (Female)
The cost of a visa is subject to change depending on new immigration laws, the nation where you apply, the local currency, and exchange rates.
Online Application Process
The procedures are simple and quick for applying for a visa to Kuwait online. However before moving further, it is imperative to have all the necessary documents and information ready.
Step 1 is to access the official website and submit the online application. You must submit personal information, passport information, and travel-related information for this.
Step 2: Upload additional information along with a copy of your passport’s biometric page.
Step 3: You will receive your e-Visa in your email after completing and submitting all the required documents. You must then print it off and, in order to enter Kuwait, have it legally stamped.
Offline Application Process
Applicants must go to the nearest Kuwait visa office to submit an offline application. Delhi and Mumbai are home to the Kuwaiti Embassy’ Indian offices. A visit visa to Kuwait can be obtained in around two working days. But, hotels can also apply for a Kuwait visa, and the procedure takes roughly 7 days.
On behalf of the whole Nomad Lawyer, I sincerely hope that this post has been able to be of great use to you in learning the procedures and requirements for a visa to Kuwait. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. The very best to you.
Contributed by Sanal Pillai
Edited by Imtiaz Ullah