We at NomadLawyer believe it is really imperative and the need of the hour to promote local products of a place. For instance, Assam in North East, India is famous for handloom, handicraft, silk and handmade bamboo products.
But these questions remain –
Are we doing enough for people at the grass root level?
Who are getting benefited from globalisation or the e-commerce boom?
What steps are we taking in promoting their art and craft?
Where is women empowerment in its truest sense?
Are they leading a life in Oblivion?
To answer all these questions NomadLawyer has initiated the concept of Shop Local or Buy Local. By this concept the people at the grassroots level will reap the benefits and there will be no middle man. The Shop Local initiative has come into existence to support local business and community.
We believed in vocal for local, long before it had become the new buzzword in India or anywhere for that matter.
Also Read: https://nomadlawyer.org/staging/blogs/helping-assam-villages-during-covid-19-pandemic/
Why Shop Local ?
There are far-reaching advantages to deciding to “shop local.” By supporting local businesses, you are in turn supporting your local economy. This means that more money stays in the community when purchases are made at locally owned – rather than nationally owned – businesses.
Also Read: https://nomadlawyer.org/staging/food-blogs/make-way-for-the-assamese-rice-beer-rohi/
Benefits of Shop Local:
- Local businesses are owned and operated by your neighbors!
- They care about and are invested in the well-being of your community and its future.
- Local businesses are more accountable to their local communities and donate more money to nonprofits.
- Local businesses are good for the environment because they often have a smaller carbon footprints.
How can tourists support Shop Local
What is a Local Tourist?
- A Local Tourist is someone who wants to go beyond the tourist traps…but knows that there are reasons those attractions are so popular.
- A Local Tourist wants to eat and drink local, shop at local boutiques, listen to local bands, view local art.
- Local Tourists are not content to do the same, they want to get out and explore, to see new places and meet new people.
- A Local Tourist wants to truly experience what is real and authentic, and to support those that create with passion and integrity.
- A Local Tourist wants to find what is unique about a place and what makes it worth visiting and worth experiencing.
Imtiaz Ullah invited you to read their travel stories on Tripoto.
Travel For Cause- One Religion- Serve Humanity – Blanket Donation
Through this blog, we shall highlight some of the local products from the state of Assam specially Barak Valley, India.
Support a local community by buying local products.
Proceed of the sale will all go to the welfare of the local communities. These products are mainly from Barak Valley, Assam.
Assam is renowned for the production of silk. The state produces superior quality silk called ‘Pat’, ‘Muga’ and ‘Eri’. Moreover, weaving and embroidery are counted as the major source of livelihood in the state. Cane and bamboo are also used here exquisitely to make beautiful handicrafts. In addition, terracotta products of Assam are also good examples of beautiful crafts.
Various types of handicrafts available in Assam
- Bamboo and Cane products
- Brass and Bell metal crafts
- Traditional Paintings
Photogallery of the products: what is stopping you to Shop Local
Handmade bag- colorful isn’t it?
If you wish to buy any of the products, do write to us at
Call or whatsApp at 9560473322
Special thanks to Ibrahim Ahmed from Silchar, Assam for your contributions.