About: The Great Himalayan National Park
The Great Himalayan National Park is among the seven natural wonders of the world. It is also known as the Extreme Parks of India. This place is among the most popular tourist destinations of India. It provides tourists a great opportunity to explore the diverse flora and fauna of the country.
The Great Himalayan National Park, which is also popularly called the seventh heaven, is one of the most inaccessible natural stations in the world. The entire region is covered with mountains and slopes that are covered with dense forests. The most popular routes of the trekking in this region include route number three, five and eight, which are respectively located south, north and west of the Great Himalayan National Park. The picturesque locations of the trekking routes make it the ideal destination for enjoying trekking in all seasons.
Great Himalayan National Park: How to reach?
There are various ways to reach the Great Himalayan National Park. The most common method of reaching the park is by air. Flights from Delhi to Kullu Manali, Laban-Jakarta and Nanda Lama are available quite easily. There are also high speed trains that can take you to the base of the Himalayan mountain range. The best part about trekking here is that the trekking route is very flexible. You can choose to follow the main trekking trails or venture into the many little trails that lead you to special points.
While on your trekking trip you can have everything arranged according to your taste. You can either pack your own tent or rent one. If you are a first time traveler then it is better to take along a companion who has experience in trekking. This will help in making the trekking route easy for you and will also reduce the risk of getting lost. It is also possible to book your tents online.
Other than trekking there are many other activities to do in the park. The shoppling or polo sport is very popular here and you will also find many golf courses and tennis courts. Horse riding and mountaineering are also some of the popular trekking activities that are done here.
Another important thing that you should do in this beautiful place is to go for a trek. Trekking will not only let you discover the beauty of the Himalayan mountains but you will also be able to get an insight of the traditions and culture of the people of the Himalayan region. You will also get a good chance to know the local dialect of people here. These trekking routes are well maintained by the government and will also take you through the beautiful scenery of the region.
You can either choose to go for trekking during the peak seasons or any other time of the year. There are many tour operators who offer services for trekking during all seasons. If you want to enjoy trekking during the winter months then you will find some great tour operators who offer winter tours. They will guide you through different villages and help you enjoy the local food and culture of the people.
You will also get to know about the high passes and other places which are difficult to access by ordinary people. You should be very careful when you are trekking at high altitude as it can be dangerous. So, it is advisable to go for authorized trekking trips. Make sure that the company you have chosen for the trip is well established and has a good reputation in the trekking field. It is also advisable to choose a well known tour operator who will be able to organize your trip without any problems and you will be able to reach the great Himalayan National Park safely.
28th March’21 to 1st April’21
Day 1: Reach Aut & you’ll be transferred to Shangarh
Day 2: Celebrate Holi and start the trek from Shangarh to Thini Thach/Top trek Day 3: Thini Thach to Bunga Top trek
Day 4: Bunga Top to Pundrik Rishi Lake trek
Day 5: Pundrik Rishi Lake to Shangarh & return home
Day 6 (Optional Day): Explore Shangarh & back to your city
WHAT THIS TRIP IS ABOUT( The Great Himalayan National Park)
TREK with us into the Eco-zone of the Great National Himalayan Park and traverse through the virgin trails of the national park.
EXPLORE the culture while living & trekking along with the locals.
CAMP under the sky lit up by nothing but millions of stars and the moon.
LEARN some basic survival and camping skills by our certified trek leaders.
SUPPORT the local community directly by joining this trek and creating employment opportunities.
DAY 1/28th March
Arrive at ‘Aut, Himachal Pradesh’ and we’ll be waiting for you there to pick you up ☺..
Upon arrival at Shangarh, you will be welcomed with hot home cooked food, your fellow travellers and the beautiful meadow of Shangarh.
In the evening, you will be briefed about the trek by our experienced trek leader. Till then you are welcome to take a nap or go to the meadow and soak the Vitamin D out of that sun.
DAY 2/29th March
HOLI & TREK TO THINI THACH/TOP: The Great Himalayan National Park
Trek duration: 6-7 hours | Height: 3,200 meters
HAPPY HOLI EVERYONE. The day of colours is here, so is the first day of our trek. So let’s celebrate a little with the group before starting the trek.
The trek will start from Shangarh itself and in no time we will enter the lush green forest of GHNP.
Today’s trek is all about ascend and by early evening we will reach our first camping site.Great Himalayan National Park
Now this place is an enormous pleasant grassland or better call it a playground. Here, you will learn how to pitch your own tent.
DAY 3/30th March
TREK TO BUNGA THACH: The Great Himalayan National Park
Trek duration: 5-6 hours | Height: 3,378 meters
Today’s part of the trek is thrilling as well as beautiful because we will be trekking even more deep into the forest. The trail between Thini & Bunga is one of the less explored trails in GHNP. So as much untouched the trail is, there are higher chances of getting a rare sight of animals, like Himalayan Ibex, Blue Sheep, or even a Red Fox.
Also, apart from being experienced, our trek leaders and porters are great storytellers as well. And oh boy they love to share them with everyone. So you aren’t just trekking, you are exchanging a lot of interesting stories and knowledge.
Upon arrival, we will set up our camp under millions of stars.
DAY 4/31st March
TREK TO PUNDRIK RISHI LAKE: Great Himalayan National Park
Trek duration: 5 hours | Height: 7,000 feet
Today is the last day of our trek. We’ll be descent towards the Pundrik Rishi Lake which is sacred and renowned among the locals in the region. Covered with different shades of lush green grass, this lake is a picturesque sight and one of the stunning locations to camp amidst the forest.
DAY 5/1st April
Trek duration: 3-4 hours
PUNDRIK RISHI LAKE TO SHANGARH
Finally, the day has arrived when you will finally get to take a proper shower ;D.
We will reach Shangarh by 1p.m. You have enough time to freshen up and take the evening bus/flight to your destination.
If you wish, you can stay back to relax & explore the beautiful village of Shangarh the next day which has so much to offer.
DAY 6/2nd April (Optional Day)
EXPLORE SHANGARH: The Great Himalayan National Park
Those who chose to stay can take the evening bus/flight today. But before that, let’s have some ginger lemon honey tea & head out to explore Shangarh.
The meadows of Shangarh – Up for a Frisbee game anyone?
The grand Shangchul Mahadev Temple (A must visit shrine) A secret waterfall
TRIP COST – INR 16,300/- + 5% GST (Till Day 5)
You can book your space by paying the 50% of the total amount. Please note that the balance amount is to be paid 30 days prior to the departure, or, if the booking is made after 30 days before the date of departure, the full amount must be paid at the time of booking.
INCLUSIONS: The Great Himalayan National Park
- Pickup & Drop from Aut to Aut
- All accommodations –
- Homestay in Shangarh on twin/triple sharing basis
- Camps at trekking destinations on twin sharing basis
- Meals –
- Day 1 – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Day 3 – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Day 4 – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Day 5 – Breakfast & Lunch
- One certified trek leader & porters
- Two experienced trip leaders from the company
- All camping equipments – Tents, -10 degrees sleeping bags, portable washroom tents, bonfire, etc.
- Basic first aid kit
- Limited stock of energy bars, chocolates & snacks
EXCLUSIONS: The Great Himalayan National Park
- 5% GST
- Airfare/Bus fare
- Travel Insurance
- Pickup & Drop from/to any airport
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances like – Road blocks, natural calamities, bad weather, protest, medical emergencies, etc.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusions
- If you wish the option to stay till Day 6, connect with us for costing & step by step guidance for your transport bookings.
- Book a Volvo bus from Delhi that leaves around 8p.m. and reaches Aut, Himachal Pradesh around 8:30a.m.
- If you are from any other city than Delhi, we recommend that you book the flight for/from Delhi or Chandigarh and then take the bus from/to here only.
- Lunches during the trek will be a packed meal.
- Any confusion? Just give us a call or drop a message and we’ll help you.
TRAVEL ESSENTIALS: The Great Himalayan National Park
- One ID proof is mandatory.
- Trek pants, 1 Jacket (zero degree), Cotton T-shirts, Water proof jacket or poncho.
- Water proof trekking shoes, two pair of woollen & cotton socks each.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, cold cream & lip balm.
- Medicines according to your suitability.
- We believes in minimum plastic usage. We request you to carry your own water bottles for the trek.
In case of cancellation, the participant must inform the company immediately by mail – [email protected]. Cancellation process will only be initiated post your mail.
Following are the period of notice & cancellation fee –
- 60 days prior to departure – Full refund
- 59 to 40 days prior to departure – 33% cancellation charges
- 39 to 20 days prior to departure – 66% cancellation charges
- 19 to 0 days prior to departure – 100% cancellation charges
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The company reserves the right to cancel the trip or make changes before or during the trip due to any unforeseen circumstance (Road blocks, natural calamities, bad weather, protest, medical emergencies, etc.).
- In case of cancellation of trip from company’s end, the participants will be given a complete refund.
COVID GUIDELINES: The Great Himalayan National Park
We care for you as well as our local vendors and team members, so it is our responsibility to take all the measure necessary for your and their well-being. Keeping this in mind, we are taking some precautions to ensure safety during this time. Such as –
- As of now every participant has to have a negative RTPCR test report not more than 72 hours old. You will informed in case there are any changes in the guidelines.
- There will be a regular body temperature check of every traveler, local vendors and team members.
- The accommodation will be disinfected before you check-in into your rooms/camps.
- The transport vehicles will be well disinfected before departure.
- Travelers are requested to carry their own sanitizers and extra masks.
- Travelers are requested to maintain distance from people while exploring markets or eating at restaurants/cafes.
- Travelers are requested to keep themselves away from any crowded place two weeks before the trip.
Should you have any other concern, please feel free to connect via phone call or an email as per your convenience.
Harsh Virdi – (+91)9717-572-599 | Udai Bhatt – (+91)9899-891-131
We are really excited to have you join us for this journey ☺
Cheers – ‘The Bucket List Tales’