Introduction on carrying alcohol in Delhi Metro
People now rely on the Metro that runs through Delhi, the nation’s capital. Now we cannot even begin to envision our everyday journey without it. Let us inform you that the country’s largest rail network is now the Delhi Metro. If you use the Delhi Metro, you should be aware of some key regulations, such as what is permitted and what is prohibited inside the metro. You might have to pay a fine or perhaps go to jail if you refuse to leave these items behind and take them in a bag.
Updated Alcohol Carrying Rule
Earlier According to a DMRC statement in response to a PTI inquiry, carrying alcohol was prohibited in the Delhi Metro system, with the exception of the Airport Express Line.
On Friday, June 30, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) announced that a traveler is permitted to bring two sealed bottles of alcohol into the metro.
The list of forbidden products that previously forbade carrying alcohol was amended by a review committee made up of representatives from the DMRC and the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). Alcohol was only permitted for passengers to carry on the Airport Express Line.
Since many years ago, the prohibition on carrying alcohol in public transport has been the subject of heated dispute.
Statement by the Officials
However, it is completely forbidden to consume alcohol on Metro property. Passengers in the metro are asked to conduct themselves properly at all times. Any passenger detected acting impolitely while intoxicated would be dealt with appropriately in accordance with the applicable laws, the DMRC added.
Things you can’t bring into a Delhi Metro train include
• Prohibited all sorts of flammable liquids and spirits
• Hazardous and prohibited substances such as radioactive materials, oxidizing agents, petroleum products, acids, and corrosives
• Any type of firearm, ammo, and weapon
• Explosives of any type.
• Solids that can catch fire and wet batteries
• Any sharp objects, including cutlery, knives, daggers, swords, cleavers, etc.
• Any type of animal, including pets
• Baggage above 15 kg in size
• Offensive objects, animal corpses, anything involving blood or bones, pieces of human bodies, skeletons, and human remains
Things that you are allowed to carry in the Metro
Anything of usage on a regular basis that is not prohibited
• Electronic and electrical devices such as computers, laptops, tablets, etc.
• Films, a camera, and a tripod
• For safety reasons, women can carry knives up to 4 inches long.
• Each passenger is given a packet of smokes and a matchbox.
• Juices, cold beverages, and other refreshments
• Eatables and food packets
• Luggage that is no heavier than 15 kg and no more than 60 cm long, 45 cm wide, and 25 cm high.
Contributed by Ankit Raj Sharma
Edited by Imtiaz Ullah