A Guide To UAE Visa Extension Policy 2023
The UAE has a visa extension policy that allows visitors to extend their stay in the country. The policy varies depending on the type of visa and the reason for the extension. Here are some general guidelines.
Through the ICP’s smart channels, the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) has introduced a new service for extending a visitor visa for a friend or family for one or more entries for a duration of 30, 60, or 90 days. The ICP also made it possible to extend a visa for a period of 30 days and once for holders of 90-day visas; however, if a resident’s residency is valid for more than 6 months, they are not eligible to file for a residency renewal.
The UAE has gone a step closer to becoming the finest destination for employment, investment, entrepreneurship, education, and living with the implementation of a new entry and residence system, which has resulted in more people requesting for Dubai visa extensions.
More on Travel Laws
Dubai (UAE) has recently implemented a new law regarding visa extensions that mandates travelers depart in order to do so. The Dubai visit visa is extendable a maximum of twice for a total of two further periods of 60 days. The cost of extending your Dubai visa is around INR 13,450 or AED 600.
U.A.E new visit Visa Extension Rule 2023
All types of visitor and tourist visas may be extended for an additional 30 days after being requested and approved by the appropriate authority. Without leaving the nation, this can be done.
The following groups, however, are exempt from the new extension rule:
- Tourists and visitors from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries are joined by locals.
- Those with unique access credentials.
- Those who have a 96-hour special mission authorization.
Restrictions for travelers who are staying within the Countries
- The new regulations, which became effective in December 2022, limit the extension of visit visas from within the country and mandate that tourists who wish to stay for an extended period of time must leave the nation and return.
- The new regulations, which came into effect on December 22, 2022, and which remained in force in 2023, prohibit the extension or renewal of a UAE visa while a visitor is still inside the country.
- You don’t need to leave the United Arab Emirates to extend your Dubai Visa on Arrival.
- If a visitor overstays their visa and stays in the nation after it expires, they must pay INR 2,240 (100 AED) per day in addition to the INR 2,240 (100 AED) service fees paid at the border crossing point.
How to extend a visit visa in the UAE
Following are the steps to apply for a visit visa extension in the UAE:
Through GDRFA’s app(General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs)-Dubai
You must log in before you can use the GDRFA app.
Go to the dashboard and open the dependant visa information.
Choose Renew Residence from the menu.
Complete the gaps.
Select a delivery strategy.
There should be an attachment.
Debit the fee.
Await an email or SMS confirmation.
Federal Identity and Citizenship Authority
Visit the web portal for the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
Specify your login information.
Attachments are not required.
Send a 600 AED fee together with a request for an extension.
The holder of an admission permit for tourism is permitted a 30-day stay inside the nation, which may be extended twice for additional 30-day periods. Your visa must be extended through the same travel agency that handled the processing of your Indian tourist visa for Dubai.
It is suggested that you speak with your travel representative and request that they make arrangements for you to obtain a Dubai visa extension. Online processing and email delivery of your Dubai eVisa will take place.
Documents Needed for UAE Visit Visa Extension
For those who currently have a visit visa, the following papers are required:
- Front and back pages of your passport, as well as a photocopy of your most recent visa
- On a white background, your most current passport size was photographed.
- You must include a copy of your passport as well as your residence visa and Emirates ID if you have a guarantor.
Fees for Dubai Visa Extension
The cost of the entry permit for tourists with a Dubai visa extension is INR 13,450 (600 AED). This includes the INR 11,210 (500 AED) issuance cost as well as the INR 2,240 (100 AED) request charge. The only acceptable payment type is a credit card.
Conditions for Applying for a Visa Extension in the United Arab Emirates
The candidate must fulfill the requirements listed below in order to apply for this UAE visa process:
- The candidate is qualified to go to the country legally.
- The applicant is in possession of one or more of the following visas:
- Upon arrival visa
- There are options for 30- or 90-day tourist visas.
- The choices are either 30 or 90 days. Visa that has many entries
- a residency visa
- The applicant’s visa is still active.
- The applicant is in compliance with all terms and conditions of the existing visa.
- The request for processing a visa change or extension has not been tainted by the applicant’s involvement in any unlawful conduct.
Visit visas may be renewed for an additional 30 days under new UAE regulations that take effect in 2023 without the need to leave the country twice. This article contains detailed information on these new guidelines.
According to ICP, once the visa has been granted, the holder must enter the country within 60 days of the date of issuance. The entry permit’s validity will then be either 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days, after which the individual must leave the country or extend the entry permit before it expires to avoid being fined Dhs100 for each day.
ICP has established four requirements for obtaining a visit visa, the first of which is that the visitor must be a friend or relative of an Emirati national or resident, provide documentation of the relationship, explain the purpose of the trip, and provide the required financial guarantee. ICP stated, “It is needed that she must have a legitimate residency in the home country of the husband if the aim of the visa is that the foreign wife wants to visit her husband who is a citizen of the GCC countries.
Contributed by Ankit Raj Sharma
Edited by Imtiaz Ullah
If you are faced with any issues and need help please write to us at [email protected] we will connect you with attorneys or law firms.