Anti-Indian Activities in Canada
In recent times, we all have heard and witnessed frequent increase in hate-crimes, violence against Indian nationals, anti-Indian activities, students visiting abroad to pursue studies facing a lot of discriminations, difficulties and lawlessness in different lengths and breadths of the world. Through this, we will traverse you to possible solutions and most importantly, the necessary measures you should take before traveling to Canada.
For more Travel Laws on Nomad Lawyer:
For Self-safety and protection, Indian nationals and students traveling from India to Canada:
- Can register with the High Commission of India in Ottawa or Consulates General of India in Toronto and Vancouver through their respective websites or they can also use the MADAD portal, madad.gov.in.
- Registration of arrival or presence in Canada, would enable the High Commission and the Consulates General to connect with Indian citizens in Canada in the event of any requirement or emergency, which would not only help Indian citizens but would also assist and aid in times of unfortunate or unforeseen situations.
“HOW TO GET ENTRY VISA FOR CANADA ON EMERGENCY GROUNDS”
According to the addition of recent law in Canada w.e.f. 17th of October, 2022, applications for entry visa on emergency grounds are acceptable on fulfillment of terms as provided by the Canada Government, Special Counters has been set-up at BLS Centers in Toronto and Brampton, which will facilitate faster processing of the applications for Entry Visa in Canada on Emergency Grounds.
“PROCEDURE TO GET VISA FOR CANADA ON EMERGENCY GROUNDS”
- In the cases of death of immediate family members (Parents, Grandparents and Siblings only)
- Visa application is submitted at BLS Centers at 1448 Lawrence Avenue E, Unit 6 A, Toronto ON M4A 2V6 and 60 Gillingham Drive, Unit 403, Brampton, ON, L6X 4X7.
- The applicants are supposed to approach the security personnel at BLS with all the necessary documents that are required for further procedure.
Here is the list of documents required:
- Copy of death certificate/medical document, which confirms that the death has happened within the last 72 hrs
- Copy of Photo ID of the deceased
- Copy of Proof of relation of applicant with the deceased.
- After the acceptance of the application, application fee is paid at BLS, the applicant should present the application along with proof of payment and air tickets for issuance of visa, visa can also be granted on the very same day or sometimes the visa is issued on the next working day.
- In the case of serious medical emergency cases involving hospitalization of immediate family members, the applicants can submit a request for emergency appointment to the Consulate through SAMPARK portal on the website of the Consulate, link of which is herein shared with you: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/enquiry.php?id=9.
- Thereafter, wait for approval of the request from the Consulate.
- Hence, the applicant has to submit the application alongwith copy of SAMPARK approval and necessary documents at special counters of BLS.
Note: Entry Visa in such cases is granted for a maximum period of 90 days with Single Entry.
Dimple Sibal & Tushar Bhardwaj