Here’s why Should You Visit Kumbha Kala Krati Folk Dance Show In Udaipur
Udaipur is known for its rich cultural heritage and traditional folk dances. There are several places in Udaipur where you can enjoy folk dance and puppet shows. Some of the popular places to experience these cultural performances are mentioned below. Through this blog, we would like to highlight one additional place – Kumbha Kala Krati Folk Dance where you can witness traditional folk dance and puppet shows performed by the local artists. By supporting this, you can contribute in a small way to the lives of these local artists.
For more information, visit the website:
1. Bagore Ki Haveli: This is a historic haveli located on the banks of Lake Pichola. It hosts daily cultural shows that include traditional Rajasthani folk dances, puppet shows, and music performances.
2. Shilpgram: This is a rural arts and crafts complex located on the outskirts of Udaipur. It hosts a variety of cultural events throughout the year, including folk dance and puppet shows.
3. Dharohar Folk Dance Show: This is a popular cultural show that takes place at the Bhatiyani Chohatta in Udaipur. It features traditional Rajasthani folk dances, including the Ghoomar, Kalbeliya, and Bhavai.
4. Mewar Sound and Light Show: This is a unique cultural experience that takes place at the City Palace in Udaipur. It combines a sound and light show with traditional Rajasthani folk dances and music.
These are just a few of the many places in Udaipur where you can enjoy folk dance and puppet shows. I hope this information helps!
Kumbha Kala Krati Folk Dance
Kumbha Kala Krati Folk Dance is a micro-enterprise in Udaipur, Rajasthan that offers dramatic arts, music, and other arts activities. The show includes folk dance, folk music, and a puppet show. It runs for about an hour. The entry fee was Rs. 280 per pax. The folk dances were performed by a group of local female artists, which included active & energetic artists as well as impassive artists. The artists performed different forms of Rajasthani Folk Dance like Ghoomar, Bhawai (balancing multiple brass pitchers on the head while dancing), Kachhi Ghodi etc.
As I witnessed the show for an hour, I experienced different types of emotions. To put it in words, my feelings would be sum up under following heads:
Traditional dance is an integral part of the cultural heritage of Udaipur. It is a way of expressing the rich history, customs, and traditions of the region. Here are some of the significant aspects of traditional dance in Udaipur:
1. Cultural Identity: Traditional dance is an essential part of the cultural identity of Udaipur. It reflects the unique customs, beliefs, and traditions of the region and helps to preserve them for future generations.
2. Entertainment: Traditional dance is a form of entertainment that is enjoyed by both locals and tourists. It is a way of celebrating special occasions and festivals and brings people together in a spirit of joy and celebration.
3. Spiritual Significance: Many traditional dances in Udaipur have spiritual significance. For example, the Ghoomar dance is performed by women during festivals and weddings to honor the goddess Saraswati. The Kalbeliya dance is performed by the Kalbeliya tribe as a way of worshiping the snake god.
4. Historical Significance: Traditional dance in Udaipur has a rich history that dates back centuries. Many of the dances have been passed down from generation to generation and have evolved over time. They provide a glimpse into the history and culture of the region.
In summary, traditional dance in Udaipur is significant because it reflects the cultural identity of the region, provides entertainment, has spiritual and historical significance, and helps to preserve the customs and traditions of the area.
If you are planning a visit to Udaipur, please visit this place to experience the emotions that will provide an insight into the rich cultural significance of Rajasthan through various dance forms.
When is Kumbha Kala Krati Folk Dance open?
Kumbha Kala Krati Folk Dance is open:
- Sun – Sat 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM
60 sardarpura Maharana kumbha Sangeet Parishad, near Gumaniya petrol pump, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
Facebook link – Kumbha Kala krati’s Facebook Page Link