Welcome to Uganda – The Pearl of Africa!
Travel to Uganda is less known among most of the travelers around the globe. Many people think this is a dangerous place and that is exactly why you should put it on your travel map!
Through this blog, we will try to break this myth.
If you wish to explore a country which is diverse and resplendent, it has to be Uganda.
With its diverse landscapes, natural beauty, and warm and inviting people, Uganda is one of East Africa’s gems.
Also Read: American Pizza
This is a country with many wonders- from lakes, wildlife, jungles inhabited by Chimpanzees, gorillas in its natural habitat Set out to discover the country’s many wonders, from sparkling crater lakes to legendary wildlife. This country with raw natural beauty and warm welcoming people is sure to leave a mark in your life. Know about Uganda’s turbulent history and modern-day culture, and experience its colorful traditions firsthand.
This place is an explorer’s delight as they enjoy the exceptional panorama, the amazing wildlife and unique archaeological sites.
Is it safe to travel to Uganda
Exercise increased caution in Uganda due to crime and kidnapping.
Violent crime, such as armed robbery, home invasion, kidnapping, and sexual assault, is common, especially in larger cities including Kampala and Entebbe. Local police lack the resources to respond effectively to serious crime.
If you decide to travel to Uganda, do remember the following pointers:
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Food and drinks should never be left unattended in public especially in local clubs.
- Remain with a group of friends in public.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Keep a low profile.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa (if applicable) and leave originals in your hotel safe.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
Things to do in Uganda
- Gorilla Watching in Bwindi National Park
- Bird Watching in Bwindi National Park.
- Hike from Kisoro to Nkuringo and Buhoma
- See Chimpanzees in Kibale Forest National Park
- Savanna Wildlife Safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Golden Monkey Trekking
- Visit Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Visit Murchison Falls
Volunteer Tourism in Uganda
Theme- we cannot settle for the good when best is the possibility
Role of NomadLawyer
Volunteer Projects is an initiative to promote volunteer tourism by NomadLawyer in association with local tour guide Byamugisha Abel and other local organisations. The idea is to derive optimum benefit to the host community.
Volunteer travel is the perfect way to explore the world in a meaningful way. Travelling always does not mean exploring new places or meeting new people there is a greater connotation to it. It can be more gratifying when one travels for a cause. Mother Nature has given us these beautiful places to explore but it is our social responsibility to travel to these mesmerizing places and give something in return in our own possible ways. This is what I call “Volunteer Travelling” and if we travelers across horizons are aligned on this, we can make this world- a beautiful place to live.
Where you can volunteer
Kichwamba Orphanage Developmental Centre, is a community based organisation registered under Rubirizi District Local Government with registration number- 3214. It is located at the edge of Queen Elizabeth National park, in Mirambi village.
Kyagaba Edision- Executive Director, Kichwamba Orphanage Developmental Centre
Vision- to be a leading project that helps orphans and other vulnerable children( OVCS) realize their full potential through education.
Mission- to educate the community through music, dance and drama about conserving nature and transforming the generation.
Objectives of the program:
1. To fight illiteracy and ignorance in Rubirizi district.
2. To conserve and preserve the nature.
3. To improve the standard of orphans.
4. To develop talent and skill of the orphans through different volunteer activities.
5. To encourage and empower children to participate in different activities.
Activities of the Project
- Music, dance and drama
- Handicraft making
- Community guided walks
If you cannot volunteer in person, you can also contribute to successful running of the projects by means of donations.
Your donations will be used for:
- School Fees
- Improve quality of schools
- Food for students
- Games and sports
Let us travel to Uganda and make this country a beautiful place to stay. Give opportunity to the host community to show their warm hospitality and let them benefit out of our travels
If you wish to travel to Uganda and volunteer during your travel do write to NomadLawyer at [email protected]
Local Tour guide and travel Partner- Byamugisha Abel