The threat of Covid Pandemic is still looming large. It has severely impacted the day to day life. As if the entire world has come to a stand still. To know the travel guidelines during Covid is of paramount importance. This will ensure easy travel and help us not to end up in a soup.
Travelling restriction is imposed in many countries of the world and India is no exception to it. However, there could be many valid reasons for travelling from one place to another even during the lockdown. COVID-19 online e-Pass has been introduced for emergency purposes and ensuring people avoid unnecessary travels across India.
Many states including Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar, Assam and Goa have even announced to extend lockdown restrictions till early August this year. During this period traffic curbs will be strictly in place with movement of essential services and supply allowed only through ePasses issued by the local authorities.
Also Read: https://nomadlawyer.org/staging/?p=2256
Table of Contents
How To Apply For Lockdown Vehicle e-Pass Online?
One can apply for the e-Pass with the help of a Lockdown Pass Online Form for movement across India.
Here are the steps to apply for the e-Pass:
- Use a device with internet access and an active mobile number
- Visit the official website of the National Informatics Centre for availing e-Pass
- Select state from the green dropdown menu
- Click on the state name to open the option menu
- Click on a relevant action from the following:
- Essential services
- ePermit for stranded persons and migrant labourers
- Exempted activities during Lockdown
- Delivery of essential commodities
- COVID-19 disaster
- Movement pass for curfew/lockdown
- Vehicle movement
- Stranded person registration
- E-transit pass
- Fill the application form and upload scanned documents as required
- Note down the application reference number
Rules as per https://serviceonline.gov.in/epass/
- Any individual/group can apply for the movement pass using this framework.
- Fill in all the mandatory details carefully and submit.
- Keep the scanned copy of the requisite documents before applying.
- Please use an active mobile number to receive verification OTP.
- After successful submission of your application, an application reference number will get generated. Please note it to track the application status.
- The movement e-pass will contain your name, address, validity and a QR code.
- Keep a soft/hard copy of the e-pass while traveling and show it to the security personnel if asked.
Also Read: https://nomadlawyer.org/staging/?p=1874
If you wish to travel, please ensure to maintain social distancing and wear protective gears.
Flight Guidelines during Covid:
What do I need before boarding my flight?
According to the new protocols, there are a few things passengers need to be mindful about before boarding the flight –
Only web check-in is allowed to ensure minimal human contact.
At the time of web check-in, passengers are supposed to take a print-out of the baggage tag and paste it on their baggage. In case, they do not have access to a printer, they can simply write the ticket PNR along with their name on a piece of paper and paste it on the bag.
Facemasks and sanitizers are mandatory.
Only dry food items are allowed inside the aircraft. However, eating inside the plane is not advisable.
How will I be screened at the airport? How will the airport authorities ensure everyone’s safety?
Passengers have to reach the airport at least two hours in advance. Hence, book your cabs accordingly.
The government has made thermal screening mandatory for all passengers.
Passengers must download the Arogya Setu app which will inform the authorities if you are coming from a highly infected zone.
Passengers also have to sign an undertaking declaring they are not coming from a containment zone, and that they have no symptoms of COVID. If there are multiple passengers under one PNR, one declaration is enough.
Airlines are also providing a safety kit to all passengers flying with them. These kits are placed on each seat inside the aircraft and contain a face mask, face shield and sanitizer.
Once you reach the destination you will have to undergo required tests or quarantine as per the state laws.
Some photos to reflect how I travelled from Delhi to Guwahati by flight.
These are unprecedented times, and this information can change any times. please do your own research or reach out to us to better understanding.