Greetings from Trouvaille Holidays / Xciting Adventures Team/NomadLawyer Team!!
We are pleased to provide you with the details of your Astonishing, Heavenly Kashmir Great Lakes Trekking Holiday .
This Holiday Discover Something Lovely!!
A Quality & Value for Money Trekking Experience that includes (Fixed Departures & Flexible Group Size Pricing for Private Departures / Choose Your Dates / Food / Accommodation / Insurance** , & Complimentary Transport ** Inclusive).
Kashmir “Great Lakes Trek”An Adventurer’s Delight.
It is the most pristine and beautiful treks in India. This trek offers a bouquet of five large alpine lakes surrounded by wavy meadows and snow-peaked mountains. Meandering through the North-West Himalayas, this trek is a kaleidoscope of nature. Great Lakes trek is nothing short of a lifetime experience: walking on the lush green meadows, seeing flocks of sheep dotting them, beholding the lofty mountains carrying glaciers that melt to form the undulated lakes; trekking parallel to the canals and rivulets that cut through mountains and waking up in the morning to see the clouds drifting around your camps. On the way, one gets a glimpse of Mount Harmukh, Gadsar peak and Mount Vishu and varied Himalayan animals like Common Leopard, Himalayan Marmot, Black Bear and many wildflowers and birds. The enchanting beauty of the trek is such that one ascends 11000ft without realizing it.
Day 1 Srinagar to Sonamarg
Drive from Srinagar to the base camp at Sonamarg. At Sonamarg, afternoon acclimatization walk.
Day 2 Sonamarg to Nichnai
A mild ascent takes us into the valley of Nichnai via famous tabletop that gives a· panoramic view of a chain of mountains that include Thajwas Mountain range and Bear Valley. The Nichnai Valley is known as the valley of wildflowers. We camp in the flowery meadows of Nichnai.
Day 3 Nichnai to Kishansar/Vishansar Valley
We ascend into the Kishansar/Vishansar Valley—a beautiful valley with two lakes resting soothingly before two lofty mountain peaks. The lakes abound with colourful trout fish. Both of these lakes have a religious significance and they drain into Kishanganga River that meanders through Gurez valley.
Day 4 Kishansar/Vishansar Valley to Gadsar
We enter into the Gadsar Valley over Gadsar pass. The pass gives a wide view of both Kishansar/Vishansar valley on one side and the Gadsar valley on the other. Enchant yourself with long wavy meadows dotted with multicoloured flowers.
The Gadsar Valley is famous for its lake and sinking watersand. We pitch the tents beside a shimmering canal that comes out of the Gadsar Lake. Legends say the water and fish from the Gadsar Lake have healing powers.
Day 5 Gadsar to Satsar
On the fifth day of the trek, the trail becomes mild and relaxing with a repetition· of mild ascents and descents through large meadows that stretch along a succession of a fascinating mountain range. The Satsar valley holds seven alpine lakes; we camp for the night beside one of the canals that snake around this valley.
Day 6 Satsar to Gangbal
The sixth day takes us over the Zajibal pass– the highest altitude point of the entire· trek. The pass cuts the Satsar Valley and Gangbal valley. We cover a mild gradient that leads us to the Nundkol Lake lying judiciously at· the foot of Harmukh. The Harmukh, the lake and the reflection of the Harmukh in the lake make it majestic.
Day 7 Gangbal to Trunkhol Meadow
The Trunkhol Meadow is encircled with snow-capped green mountains, and the camping gives a breathtaking view of Harmukh Mountain. A night-stay at the Trunkhol meadow.
Day 8 Trunkhol Meadow to Naranag
On the last day of the trek, we descend into the Naranag valley. The same day we will drive to Srinagar for the onward journey home.
Highlights which make Our “Great Lakes Trek ” Different:
· Expertise of Qualified Professional Mountain guides leading the trek.
· Small / Flexi Group Size.
· Ensuring high level of safety through-ought trek.
· Fixed Departure & Flexible Group Size / Dates & Pricing for Private Departures
· Insurance Included ** Terms and Conditions Applied
· Complimentary Transport Included ** Terms and Conditions Applied
· Usage of best quality equipment’s for the trek comprising of the following
brands – Hardware used is from Petzl Company which is mainly used by world famous mountaineers to Everest and other high altitude expeditions.Camping gear used is imported from Europe / America etc like Husky, Quechua
Eureka, Fighterfour etc.
· Sleeping gear provided,will be highly comfortable even in sub-zero
temperatures up to -20.
· Professional cooks to organize food for hikers during course of trek.
· Rain gear and certain other essentials will be facilitated to hikers who don’t
have adequate gear.
· Complimentary Transportation ** from Srinagar to Srinagar will be provided,
(6-7 trekkers per vehicle),participants are requested to coordinate
with us for effective planning.
· Trek fees are inclusive of Trekking permits,forest camping charges,Service
Tax & Complimentary Transport**.
· A quality & value for money trekking experience.
In addition,please carry the below three documents.Document two and three will be
emailed to you,please fill in,and signed document to be handed over to the trek leader at the
base camp. Without these documents you will not be allowed on the trek.
1. Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (driving license,voters
ID,etc.) – 2 copies (Scan and email it prior) (Passport in case of Non Indian Nationals)
2. Medical Certificate, and disclaimer (to be filled by the trekker)
3. Medical certificate (to be filled by a doctor)
· Backpack (50-60litres): Backpack with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
Rain cover for back pack is essential.
· Daypack (20litres): It is mandatory to carry a day pack if you choose to
off load your back pack.If you decide to carry your back pack,day pack is not
· Trekking shoes: No sports shoes.The shoes need to have soles with good
grip and ankle support.Do not wear a new shoe to a trek.It might cause
blisters.Before bringing them to trek,wear it for a week to make it softer.We
recommend FORCLAZ 100,500,and 600.
· Socks (4pairs): 2cotton pairs,2 woollen pairs (mostly to be used on
camp sites and while sleeping.Keep them dry.)
· Trek pants (3 pairs including the one you are wearing): We highly endorse
synthetic quick-dry pants as they are light.Plus,when it’s cold you can wear
one over the other.While trekking a pair is what you would carry apart from
the one worn.You could keep the third pair for your return journey.Alternative:
Cotton pant with many pockets / Track pants are comfortable too.Please do
not get Denim jeans,shorts or 3 quarters to trek.
· Collared t-shirts (3 pairs including the one you are wearing):Preferably light,
full sleeve t-shirts.The collar and the sleeves prevent sun burns on the neck
and arms. Avoid loud colours that would distract birds and animals.
· Full sleeve woollens (2 pairs including the one you are wearing):We endorse
fleece over wool as it is lightweight,compact and warm.
· Thick jacket: Carry 1 hollow full sleeve windproof jacket / down jacket
· Thermal inners: 1 pair of light weight,upper and lower(optional)
· Raincoat / poncho: A light weight poncho is preferred as it covers your
ruck sack as well from top.Raincoat can also be used as windproof when
· Balaclava: The cap must cover your ears and neck.You may also uses carves.
· Synthetic hand gloves: Ensure that the gloves are waterproof.
· Sun cap / Hat: 1 pair of nice warm gloves required,fleece or woolen.1 pair of
waterproof / resistant, wind proof gloves.You get very thin inner gloves
nowadays.You may get one of those to use layering.
· Sunglasses: Curved ones will cover your eyes well.No blue coloured sunglass
—they don’t block UV.Blacks,greens,browns are fine.Avoid multitone
sunglasses.Sunglasses prevent snow blindness.Sunglasses are mandatory
for this trek.People who wear spectacles,choose one of these-contact
lenses,photo chromatic glasses,or if either of the above is not possible,wear
your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your
· Toiletries (Sunscreen-SPF50+,moisturiser,light towel,lip balm/chap stick,
small soap,toilet paper,wet tissue)
· Repair kit (needle&thread)
· Headlamp / LED torch: Mandatory
· Camera: Carry all accessories-spare batteries,charger,etc.
· Cutlery: Carry a plate,spoon,coffee mug & a lunch box.We insist on trekkers
getting their own cutlery for hygiene reasons.To save weight, you may use
your lunch box to have food in it and also carry it.
· Water bottles: 2 bottles,1 Litre each.Packaged drinking water bottles like
Aquafina,Bisleri and others are not allowed.
· Trekking pole: Trekking pole is mandatory.
· Plastic covers: While packing,use plastic bags to compartmentalize things
and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
PERSONAL MEDICAL KIT-Mandatory
· Crocin– (fever)
· Avomine– (motionsickness)
· Combiflam –(Painkiller)
· Disprin– (headache)
· NorfloxTZ&Lomofen– (diarrhea)
· Omez/Rantadine– (antacids)
June End to July daytime15C to 20C and night 7C to 1C August-September,day
time 15C to 10C and night 5C to -3C
Mode of Transport-
Complimentary Transport** from Srinagar Basecamp Srinagar shared by 6-7 participants.
Batch Size and age group-
Fixed Departures are max 16 per group and We have an flexi group policy,wherin its your group size and your dates .
Minimum age for the Kashmir Great Lakes trek is 14 years and maximum depends
on fitness level.
Pick Up and Drop Point:-
Our pick up point is Srinagar (Please intimate your location of arrival) and after the
trek we drop at Srinagar Airport or central place in Srinagar by 7:00 PM in the
Cancellation:If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek,an email intimation
needs to be sent to,the same shall be considered for refund as per below policy .
Cancellation requests are not taken overphone. However,you can phone to check
whether your cancellation has been processed.
The cancellation charges are as under:
Cancellation of any expedition/trek/tour must be notified immediately in writing. The cancellation process will be initiated only after receiving a cancellation mail from your end.
For any cancellation requested 40 days prior to the first day of any expedition/trek/tour, full amount will be refunded with 10% of the amount deducted as processing fee.
For any cancellation requested between 40 to 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, only 50% of the amount will be refunded without any processing fee deduction.
If cancellation is requested 30 days prior to the first day of expedition/trek/tour, there will be no refund.
The rates/fees for the trek once decided will remain the same; however, if the group size is trimmed from the client end, the rates/fees may vary.
In case of any untoward situation like a natural disaster, national emergency, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or any other unforeseen situations, the refund may or may not be entertained which will solely be upon us to decide. However, there will be no cash refund. The clients will get the voucher which they can redeem anytime for another trek/trip of their own choice organized by us.
Complimentary base Insurance cover is provided in this trek please refer attachment for details.If you wish to go for Plan 2 with higher cover,a difference amount of INR 240 is payable additionally.
Please refer Insurance Documents For Terms & Conditions
Please keep the environment cleanliness strictly into consideration. Any behaviour/activity that is averse/harmful to environment conservation is strictly prohibited.
You are recommended to avoid carrying any non-biodegradable items during the expedition/trek/tour; in case it’s a medical or other necessity, please dispose of them off properly (dustbins) after the expedition/trek is over.
Cutting a tree/plant, killing/injuring any animal, polluting water bodies/glaciers will prompt legal action. Please refrain yourself from harming any plant/animal or water body.
Homestay / Tent Stay for the nights mentioned above.
All Meals (Veg / Non Veg (Egg).
Sleeping bags, Sleeping Mattresses, Toilet Tents & Kitchen Tents.
Basic Medical / First Aid Kit
Staff (Trek Leaders,Cooks & Helpers)
Transport from Srinagar Basecamp Srinagar **
Insurance ** Terms and Conditions Applied – Please refer Insurance Documents for Details
Offloading charges INR 2000/-
Accommodation Post Trek.
Anything not mentioned above.