Under the initiative “Salamat Raho” Nomadlawyer, has launched the fundraiser- Mask Up. Masks or face coverings should be worn at all public places including school. So, continue social distancing and MASK UP.
NomadLawyer has collaborated with Ankit Singh (Youthreach Organisation) , a lawyer turned social worker with a master degree in social work.
His works around Delhi/NCR, therefore he has in depth knowledge about the slums/villages in the Delhi/NCR. He just started this initiative on his own thinking about students who will be resuming their school from post summer vacation or COVID break.
Know About our Volunteer Projects
In wake of COVID outbreak Face Masks are no longer a matter of choice, but there is a massive population in our country which is not privileged to be spending on such protective gears even during such dangerous times.
Table of Contents
While the government is doing their bit, we must extend our support to this cause.
Goal of the fundraiser
This Fundraiser aims to provide 2000 Face Mask (reusable/washable) to school kids whose academic session would be resuming from July-August. These kids are from humble background, living and studying in the village (Garhi Chaukhandi) in Noida, U.P.
There are two schools [Govt. Primary School (500) + Shree Krishna Inter College (1500)], where we are planning to distribute the masks.
Support Local Community
This initiative will provide employment to many women in villages. Mostly located in Rewari and Roorkee. The masks for donation will be sourced from these groups.
- Garhi Chaukhandi village is surrounded by Sec-68 and Sec-121, 122 of Noida area with population of approximately 8000.
- Population mainly includes local village residents and 20% of migrated population involved in unskilled labour work
- Local villagers mainly involved in diary, small grocery stores and private jobs
- The village has one government primary school and one government aided private senior secondary school. Apart from that there are 6-7 private schools in the village and are owned by affluent villagers
- There is an absence of good healthcare as there are no hospitals, clinics etc.
- Presence of only one social organization working in the village in the field of primary education.
Cost – Rs.10/ Per Mask
You can Donate to:
Anyone using Google Pay can transfer via – (9560473322, Imtiaz Ullah)