Trip curated by Nomad Lawyer
Contact Person: Imtiaz Ullah(Nomad Lawyer)- 9560473322
In collaboration with Travel Partner: Andaman Fiesta
Contact Person in Andaman- Abdul Majeed (80010 59995)
Words: Imtiaz Ullah
Photos: Rizvi Ullah
Experience Andaman With Local Travel Guide
Trip planning is by no means an easy task rather it can be really daunting. It requires a lot of patience, attention to detail and above all understanding the traveler’s mindset.
There are a number of things that come to mind viz. Where do you begin? What’s step one? What’s step two? What’s step three? It’s easy to get overwhelmed, especially when you start as a novice.
The journey of NomadLawyer started by planning trips for myself, friends, colleagues etc. As the journey progressed and until now NomadLawyer has planned countless trips and helped people get out the door and into the world.
Also Read https://nomadlawyer.org/photography-tour-lens-and-landscapes/
If you wish experience Andaman beyond cliché reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team has curated his trip after extensive thought and research.
Know about Andaman
Andaman & Nicobar Islands, the union territory of India lies in the Bay of Bengal consisting about 527 islands both small & large with a coastline that stretches for about 100 km. It is close to the Arakanmayo mountain range of Burma that lies to the side of Sumatra of Indonesia. The island consisting of two groups, the Andaman & Nicobar are separated by 300 km, covers an area of about 8293 square kilometers with Port Blair as its capital. The islands are covered with dense green forest, high mountains and long coastline with wide roads, new buildings.
Do watch: https://youtu.be/Ho9tagC1jiQ
Experience the Andaman
Port Blair: 03 nights
Havelock : 02 nights
Neil Island: 01 nights
Day wise breakdown.
Fly in to Port Blair Airport.
First half of the day is at leisure. Later in the afternoon proceed to visit Cellular Jail followed by light and sound show. The Cellular Jail has a pride of place in India’s freedom struggle.
The day draws to a gentle close with the Sound and Light Show at the historic Cellular Jail which gives you a vivid experience of its strong association with the freedom fighters and their struggle for independence.
Overnight stay at respective Hotel / Resort at Port
Things to remember
1) Cellular Jail is closed every Monday and national Holidays.
2) Entry to Cellular jail and Museum closes by 1600hrs and light n sound show is open every day 1800hrs. For English show Request to TM only on Mon , Wed & Friday * light n sound is Subjected to weather conditions and tickets issued are non-refundable.
Excursion to Coral island North Bay & Ross Island
After breakfast, set out for a full- day excursion to Coral Island (North Bay) to see coral reefs, exotic varieties of beautiful ornamental fish and other marine life. This is an ideal place for snorkelling as this sandy beach coupled with clear water creates a breathtaking view. Please carry your lunch pack, drinking water & changing dress
After North Bay Coral Island, visit Ross Island, the former residential and administrative island of the British during their rule of South-East Asia, was nicknamed the Paris of the East. This island was completely destroyed in an earthquake, now in ruins. Overnight stay at respective Hotel at Port Blair.
Things to remember
1) Ross & North Bay remains closed on every Wednesdays.
2) Ferry departs at 0930hrs – subject to weather conditions, please report to Rajiv Gandhi Water sports complex latest by 0900hrs.
3) Contact us if you want a private chartered boat for above trip perfect for 5-7 person.)
· The boats to Ross Island and North Bay Coral Island are managed by a boat association who need individual guest to fill a consent form after which boats are allotted based on rotation and sharing basis.
· Due to limited boats guest may have to wait until their boat is allotted and we have no control over the wait time.
· Please carry a change of clothes, towels, caps, sunglasses, and sunscreen and wear comfortable clothing for this trip.
Things to do at North Bay:
Glass Bottom Boat
Semi submarine Coral safari
Dolphin Boat ride
Port Blair to Havelock/ Excursion to Radhanagar beach
After breakfast or with pack breakfast if your hotel offers as per ferry timings , get transfer to Phoenix Bay Harbour to catch a ferry to Havelock.
The Island (often just called Havelock) is one of the most beautiful and largest islands of Ritchie’s Archipelago and is a placid heaven like no other. Situated 57 km north east of the South Andamans with an area of 92 Sq. Kms she offers a breathtaking trail of nature expeditions. The island is primarily populated by Bengali settlers. This picturesque Island with beautiful sandy beaches and lush green forest is also rated as the seventh most beautiful island in the world. It hosts two of the world’s most renowned beaches.
On arrival the cab will be provided to pick-up and drop to hotel and later post lunch proceed to visit Beach No 7, Radhanagar beach rated as the best beach in Asia. Spend the day relaxing on this beach. Later proceed to selected hotel.
Stay here overnight amongst sandy beach and lush green forest in a comfortable beach resort.
This day, your breakfast will be at Port Blair if you are travelling by an early morning ferry ask the Hotel to pack the breakfast if they offer.
Ferry timings are mentioned in the tickets provided to you please report 45minutes prior to departure with a valid photo id card – ferry operation is purely subjected to Govt clearance and weather conditions ) class of ferry and timings is subjected to availability at the time of confirmation only
Havelock Island /Excursion to Elephant beach
Trip to Elephant Beach- Embark on the most memorable trip, just 40 min by Boat this beach offers calm blue shallow waters and is the perfect spot for water sports lovers . The boat goes right up to the beach, It’s also a great place to just spend the day lying on the beach and relaxing. The beach is very scenic with fallen trees and white sand giving the photographer some interesting shots. The reef here starts very close to shore at a depth of about 1 meter. The large reef is mostly made up of hard coral and has plenty of marine life. (Note- This trip is inclusive of transfers & boat charges, this trip may change to Light house due to weather conditions, Ferry Operation is purely Subjected to Govt clearance
The boats to Elephant Beach are managed by a boat association who need individual guest to fill a consent form after which boats are allotted based on rotation and sharing basis.
Due to limited boats guest may have to wait until their boat is allotted and we have no control over the wait time.
Please carry for change of clothes, towels, caps, sunglasses, and sunscreen and wear comfortable clothing for this trip.
Things to do at Elephant Beach
Glass Bottom boat
Speed boat ride
*All the activities are subjected to govt clearances and as per weather conditions only.
October- Havelock Island to Neil Island/ Excursion to Laxmanpur Beach
After breakfast, the cab will be provided to pick-up and drop guest to Havelock harbour to catch a ferry to Neil Island as per ferry timings advised. Neil Island dwells with lust green surroundings of paddy fields, banana plantations and tropical trees. It occupies an area of 18.9 square kilometres (7.3 sq mi). The island is located 40 kilometres (25 mi) east of Port Blair, the capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Pristine sandy beaches at Bharatpur and Laxmanpur are some of the best beaches to explore. A quite heaven for Backpack travellers.
On arrival at Neil Island, get transferred to selected hotel & after check in half of the day is at leisure. Later in the afternoon proceed for a trip to Laxmanpur beach (sunset point). Spend the evening relaxing on this beach & enjoying the amazing sunset view. Stay overnight at respective Hotel / Resort at Neil Island. (Note- 1) Ferry timings are mentioned in the tickets provided to you please report 45minutes prior to departure with a valid photo id card issued by govt. competent authority. 2) Ferry services are subjected to weather conditions)Class of ferry and timings is subjected to availability at the time of confirmation only.
October- back to Portblair: Market Hopping and relax
Fly back to your destination
Suggested Place to Stay
PORT BLAIR :
TSG GRAND / NORTH REEF/ HOTEL SHOMPHEN /DIVIYUM MANOR/ De Pebbles/COMFORT INN BLU WAVES / PEERLESS RESORT BEACH RESORT / KEYS AQUA GREEN /CORAL COVE
HAYWIZZ HAVELOCK ISLAND RESORT /HOLIDAY INN (HAVELOCK PLAZA) / OCEAN PEARL / SANDS MARINA BEACH RESORT ( EXECUTIVE ) / HAVELOCK HOLIDAY BEACH RESORT/ TSG BLUE RESORT /SANDS MARINA (COTTAGE ) / SHMPHONY PALMS/(COTTAGE ) / OCEAN TREE BEACH RESORT (VILLA)
PEARL PARK (SUPER DLX)/HOLIDAY INN(PARADISE NEST ) / NK ECO VILLA/SEA SHELL(COTTAGE ) /SUMMER SAND ( CASA AQUA ) / TSG AURA RESORT( BEACH VILLA)
Nomad Lawyer- is a travel site dedicated to transformative travel, responsible tourism, eco-tourism and caused based travel, where the readers will be enriched by intriguing travel experiences, a sneak peek into the travel laws of a country and an overview of various projects relating to social responsibility and volunteer tourism.
Andaman Fiesta- Andaman Fiesta is a full service Event and Destination Management Company provides Groups and Individuals visiting the islands with creative itineraries and comprehensive management of logistics based on an in-depth understanding of the industry and the islands.
“Don’t just be a traveller, but a responsible one”.
“ Mother nature has gifted us with beautiful places to explore and it’s our duty to pay back”.
Important Covid SOP
****Important COVID SOP for Tourist traveling to Andaman *****
As per Andaman & Nicobar Administration`s order (1/CA/COVID-19/2019-2020/1) dated 23th Sept 2021 all guests travelling to Andaman Islands will be screened as per below…..
1. All asymptomatic passengers who have been vaccinated with both doses of the COVID 19 vaccine and 15 days have lapsed since the administration of second dose of the vaccine and are in possession of the final vaccination certificate issued through the COWIN portal are exempted from mandatory requirement of carrying a negative RTPCR report to travel to Port Blair from Mainland and also such passengers will be exempted from undergoing additional RT PCR test on arrival at Port Blair airport. Such passengers shall also have to produce the ID card /document mentioned in the Vaccination Certificate, for verification.
2. Passengers who are found symptomatic on arrival at Port Blair, irrespective of their vaccination status shall be subjected to RTPCR / Rapid Antigen Test at the airport terminal to aid identification.
3. All other passengers viz. unvaccinated, partially vaccinated (those who have taken only 1st dose of COVID vaccine) and those who have taken both doses, but have not completed 15 days since the administration of 2nd dose, shall have to produce negative RT-PCR report to travel to Port Blair from mainland, as is the practice now. They will also undergo additional RT-PCR test on arrival at Port Blair.
For more details pls contact email@example.com or call 08001056665