Everything You Need to Know about Ain Dubai
Dubai is a city that is home to numerous architectural wonders. Right from the tallest building (Burj Khalifa) to the largest manmade island (Palm Jumeirah) in the world, the city is dotted with several buildings and monuments that have world records under their names. And come October 2021, Dubai would have a new world record, a new feather in its cap with the opening of Ain Dubai.
Right from the time of its announcement since 2015, both locals and tourists have been eagerly awaiting the opening of Ain Dubai eagerly. Here you would find all the important details that you need to know about Ain Dubai.
Also Read: Must visits In London
Ain Dubai is a Ferris Wheel, which is located on Bluewaters Island. Standing at the height of 250 meters, Ain Dubai is the tallest Ferris Wheel in the world, easily dwarfing the present tallest Ferris Wheel, the High Roller, which stands at the height of 167 meters in Las Vegas. Here are some important and interesting facts about Ain Dubai.
- Ain Dubai is all set to open on October 21’ 2021, a few weeks after the grand opening of Dubai Expo 2020.
- Ain Dubai has 48 fully air-conditioned capsules, each with the capacity to hold around 40 people. In short, this Ferris Wheel has the capacity to hold around 1900 people at a time.
- Apart from being the tallest, Ain Dubai is also the largest Ferris Wheel in the world. Each spoke of the wheel is longer than a football pitch.
- 9000 tons of steel was used for the construction of Ain Dubai, and the weight of its central wheel rim is equal to 16 Emirates A380 airbuses.
- The estimated cost of building Ain Dubai is AED 1 billion, which is USD 270 million.
- Each rotation of Ain Dubai would be 38 minutes.
What to Expect at Ain Dubai?
Ain Dubai is basically an observation wheel, which gives you a 360o bird’s eye view of the entire city. It is one of the best places to check out the incredible skyline of Dubai. Your Ain Dubai experience would depend on the type of ticket or observation pod you choose. Tickets are available for 3 types of pods here: observation cabins, social cabins, and private cabins.
Observation Cabins: As the name suggests, observation cabins are for those who want to check out the marvelous views of Dubai. These cabins have LED screens through which you would get detailed information about the sights and attractions you see during the ride. You would get to see the Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Marina, and even the Palm Jumeirah during your ride. Due to Covid19 restrictions, only 7 people or 10 people of a group would be permitted inside a cabin, currently.
Social Cabins: A step higher than the observation cabins, social cabins are for those who want to enjoy the view and at the same time have a good time. People who have booked the tickets for social cabins would be treated with drinks and snacks, as per the package you have selected. You also get access to the Seaview Lounge of Ain Dubai, located on terra firma. The social cabins are a great place to hang out with your friends and colleagues after a hard day at work.
Private Cabins: It is possible to celebrate special occasions like weddings, engagement, birthday parties, etc. While a variety of packages are available for the private cabins, you can also customize your package as per your preferences. It is also possible to book a private 3-course dinner in one of these cabins, which would last for around 80 minutes, i.e. 2 rotations of the wheel. A private cabin would be a great setting for a date night and even a romantic proposal. On the other hand, private cabins can also be used for corporate events and meetings as well.
Ain Dubai Timings
Ain Dubai will be operational everyday throughout the year. This Ferris Wheel will open at 12 PM (noon) and will close at 10 PM.
Ain Dubai Tickets
The ticket rates for Ain Dubai starts at AED 130. Your ticket prices would depend on the cabin and package you choose.
How to Reach Ain Dubai?
If you are planning to travel to Ain Dubai by metro, you can get down at Dubai Marina Tram Station and take the monorail that connects Bluewaters Island to Dubai mainland. If you are travelling by car or taxi, you can use the bridge that connects Dubai to the island. If you feel that you would enjoy a stroll to Ain Dubai, you can use the footbridge that begins at JBR Beach. People travelling by car can park their vehicles at the ample parking space at Ain Dubai. You can also take a bus (8, 84, and F55A) to reach Bluewaters Island.
Important Tips to Remember
- There are no washrooms inside any of the pods. Hence, use the washrooms available at the terminal building before alighting the wheel for your ride.
- Ain Dubai moves at a very slow spend, and hence the chance of you feeling any motion sickness is negligible.
- While there is no dress code for visiting Ain Dubai, it is important to wear respectable clothing as it is a public place.
- Small bags, purses, and rucksacks are allowed inside the capsules of Ain Dubai. However, you cannot carry heavy suitcases, large boxes, or large travel rucksacks during your ride.
- Although there are no valet parking services at Ain Dubai, you would find this service at various places on the island.
- Ain Dubai is wheelchair friendly, as there are lifts and ramps available for the easy access of disabled people.
- It is important to listen to the instructions and follow them carefully before, during, and after your Ain Dubai ride.
Ain Dubai has gained a lot of interest even before its launch and expects a lot of visitors, both locals and tourists. If you want to avoid waiting in a queue to get your chance to ride this Ferris Wheel, it would be best to book your tickets online in advance. This way, you would not only save time but some money as well.
Contributed by: Travel Awesome